Waterzoï is a typical dish from the northern regions but the flavor and great taste quality enabled him to transcend borders.
A basic vegetables and poultry or fish, c’fresh and easy.
Ingredients for 6 people:
- 12 Walnut St. Jacques
- 6 plays Monkfish medallions
- 500 g of fish flesh rather firm and boneless
- 4-6 carrots depending on size
- 2 beautiful leeks
- 2 small turnips
- 1 stalk celery
- 2 beautiful onions
- 1 shallot
- 2 cloves’garlic
- 1 l d’water
- 2 teaspoons dried fish stock
- 20 cl dry white wine
- 25 cl fresh cream
- 1 yolk’egg
- Parsley flat
- Salt and pepper
Preparation of fish waterzooï:
The success of the fish waterzooï mainly lies in the quality of cooking. Cooking fish being fast, we first leather vegetables and then the fish.
- Start by peeling the vegetables and wash
- Cut the carrots, turnips, celery and leek julienne (or pieces)
- In a large saucepan, melt some butter and sweat onions and minced shallot
- Add the white wine and’squashed and let reduce slightly
- Add the’water and bring to a boil to cook the carrots, celery and turnips for 10 min
- Add leeks, the’crushed garlic and’minced onion and leather additional 15 min
- Clean the fish
- Add the fish with vegetables with fish stock 2 tsp
- Allow about 10 minutes leather, fish nets should not discard
- When cooked, skim if necessary
- Mix the cream with the yolk’egg and pour the vegetables and fish
- You must have a thickened sauce and a harmonious blend
Once’rectified seasoning with salt and pepper, you can use the waterzoï fish with rice or steamed potatoes, c’is delicious ...
Decorate’plate with some coarsely chopped parsley.