Basque real specialty, Basque pie is full of flavor and’spices.
Ingredients for 4 people:
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 clove’garlic
- 1 onion
- 1 pepper red, 1 pepper green
- 2 cutlets chicken
- 20g butter
- 1 tsp. Coffee paprika
- 1 sprig of thyme
- 10 cl of white wine
- 1 tsp. tablespoon scoop of sugar cane
- 3 eggs
- 25 cl cream
- 1 pinch of chilli’Espelette
- 1 pure butter pastry
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
Basque chicken pie, recipe
- Peel, cut the tomatoes in half, remove the seeds and cut into small pieces.
- Peel, wash and chop the’garlic (previously degermed) and’onion.
- Wash and seed the peppers. Cut them into thin strips.
- Slice the chicken breasts into thin strips.
In a skillet,
- Melt the butter, add the chicken strips and cook until’a pretty color.
- Add the peppers, the’onion,’garlic, paprika and thyme leaves.
- Cook over low heat for about 5 minutes.
- Deglaze with white wine and let evaporate the wine then add the tomatoes, sugar cane and season.
In a bowl,
- Beat 2 eggs and a yellow,
- Add the cream and season with chilli’Espelette, salt, pepper.
Preheat oven to 180 ° C (th. 6).
- Roll out the dough into a pie pan, prick the bottom with’Using’a fork and precooked white 10 to 15 minutes.
- Spoon sauce and chicken on the prebaked pie shell and pour the contents of the bowl. Bake 30 to 40 minutes.
Serve hot or cold!
B.a.ba the head
You can add seasonal vegetables, either Eggplant and zucchini, either pumpkin...
Recipe: A. Beauvais Photo: F. Hamel