Pie Maroilles is emblematic of good food North and has taken on a new dimension since Dany Boon was the’icon cheeses of the region.
The recipe is easy and the dazzling result ...
Ingredients for 4 people:
- 1 puff pastry
- 250 g Maroilles
- 15 cl heavy cream
- 15 cl milk
- 3 egg
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
Recipe of the pie Maroilles
This pie recipe Maroilles should take about 10 minutes to prepare while the cooking takes about 30 min.
- Roll out the puff pastry in a pie dish
- Arrange cheese on the bottom after’have cut piece of’1/2 cm’thickness
- Pepper over cheese
In a deep dish, prepared pie shell
- Break 3 eggs and beat vigorously
- Add the cream and continue beating
- Finally add the milk and beat one last time
- Season with salt and pour the pastry over the cheese
Bake in a preheated oven at 200 °
- The cooking time must be at least 25 to 30 min
- At the last moment, switch to grill mode to brown the top if n’is not the case
- Serve hot
Maroilles pie is usually served with a good lettuce or, to be like the ch’tis with a salad’endive !
About Maroilles and cheese
Maroilles is a nice little village in the north, located in’Avesnois short distance from the department of’Aisne.
Maroilles comes from’an older cheese, made in the seventh century by the monks of’Abbey of Maroilles, then called the craquegnon.
C’is the tenth century that’Bishop of Cambrai suggests the monks of’extend the’maturation of the cheese that will become Maroilles.
Maroilles is made from milk with rennet, salt right after the release and stored in ripening rooms where he covers d’a light blue mold. It is then brushed to remove this layer of mold and placed in a cellar for refining.