Salad’Fall par excellence, escarole is resistant to cold and harvested very well despite the freeze if it is well covered.
Here escarole soup and split peas, delicious and easy!
Ingredients for 4 people:
- 1 pouch endive Florette
- 60 g of split peas
- 4 sprigs thyme
- 2 leaves laurel
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- Salt and pepper
Recipe escarole soup and split peas:
- Soak the split peas 1 h in a bowl filled with cold water. Drain.
- Cook with 5 times their volume of water and stock cubes.
- Add the thyme and bay leaf.
- Cook 35 minutes.
- Add the escarole,
- Add salt and pepper and mix.
- Cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove the thyme and bay leaf,
- Mix soup.
Serve with croutons.
Visual Credit: © Florette / G. Quantin / I. Brancq-Lepage