Here is a dessert made with quinoa and red fruit, low calorie and delicious at a time.
Ingredients for 4 people:
- 150 g of rice flour
- 60 flakes quinoa
- 20 g of corn starch
- 1/2 tsp. guar gum coffee
- 1/2 packet of yeast
- 80g salted butter
- 50 g of sugar cane
- 50 g red fruits (Or dried fruit, cranberries, etc.)
- 15 cl milk
- 1 egg
- 1 milk net
- 1 tsp. cane sugar coffee
Scones recipe Quinoa and red fruits
- Place the flour, quinoa flakes, starch, guar gum and baking powder in a bowl.
- 60 g butter cut into small pieces.
- Add them to the bowl contents by kneading the fingertips up’to’obtaining’fine breadcrumbs.
- Add the sugar, fruit and mix.
- Pour the milk gradually to obtain a soft dough (dough should be soft but not sticky).
- Form a ball.
Preheat oven to 220 ° C (th. 7/8).
- Separate the yolk from the white d’egg.
- In a ramekin, place the yolk’egg, milk net and spoon brown sugar.
On a floured surface,
- Form of scones’about 5 cm in diameter.
- Brush each scone mixture of yellow’egg and sugar.
Have scones on a nonstick baking sheet sufficiently spacing them from each other.
Bake 10 to 12 minutes. They must be properly inflated and golden brown.
Try the scones with butter and jam.
Low in calories, the tasty quinoa grains are low in fat, high in protein, iron, trace minerals, fiber ... Particularly digestible, it does not contain gluten.
Recipe: A. Beauvais
Photo: A. Beauvais - F. Hamel