The stew is a classic French cuisine but also to rediscover a recipe for if it is part of our history, c’is also a trend flat and easy and really delicious!
Ingredients for 6 people:
- 1 kg of pallet pork
- 1 kg of pork knuckle
- 2 Morteau sausages (or Montbéliard)
- 1 sausage leather
- 1 nice cabbage (Or 2 small)
- 6 beautiful carrots
- 10 potatoes with firm flesh (Charlotte type)
- 10 small turnips (Or 5 large)
- 6 white leeks
- 1 onion
- 1 clove
- 1 bouquet garni
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
Recipe of the Auvergne hotpot:
There success of this recipe Traditional lies mainly in the cooking meat and vegetables. Cooking takes place in 3 phases, the first being reserved for the meat alone, the second to the meat with some vegetables and 3rd to meat, the vegetables and sausages.
1 cooking times that of pork:
The meat should be tender while vegetables should be well cooked but still firm enough.
- In a large pot, a Dutch oven or casserole, place the pallet and the whole knuckle deep and cover with’Cold water
- Peel the’onion, prick the cloves and put it with the meat
- Add the bouquet garni
- Bring to a boil, add the chicken stock cube and cook 25 min
Preparation of vegetables:
- During this first cooking time of the meat, prepare the vegetables by peeling them and washing them
- Remove the green leeks and wash
- Cut the carrots and leeks into large chunks
- Proportion potatoes so that’they have approximately the same size
- Do the same with turnips (if they are big turnips, cut into 4)
- Remove the green leaves of the cabbage and cut into 4 heart
- Blanch the cabbage by soaking in’boiling water for 3-4 minutes, remove and put it in a colander to the’drain
Cooking meat and vegetables:
- Add to meat carrots, turnips and leeks
- Leave to leather 25 minutes over low heat, covered
- After 25 minutes, add the potatoes, cabbage, Morteau sausages and sausage leather
- Leave to leather 25 minutes over low heat and fire cover
The time of training:
Once the meat and cooked vegetables, it's time to stand up for the service.
- In a large serving dish, deep enough, start with some vegetables settle to the bottom
- Cut the meat into pieces of equal size (slightly more shares than diners allows refills!)
- Place the meat on the vegetables then add the remaining vegetables around.
- Drizzle everything with the juices
They serve the stew with mustard, the’ideally to propose several kinds of mustards.