This apple recipe in the oven and warm goat offers a solid blend of sweet and salty it an ideal dessert combining both fruit and cheese.
Preparation: 10 min
Cooking time: 20 min
Ingredients for 4 people:
- 4 apples pippin of Canada
- 2 goat dung
- 4 sprigs thyme
- 8 c. c. olive oil
- Salt and pepper
Recipe for baked apples and hot goat
- Wash apples. Remove the stalk. Cut into 2 in the width of fruit (horizontally).
- Widen slightly each piece of apple in order to accommodate later a slice of goat cheese.
- Place the apples in a baking dish (flat type dish). Pour a small dash of olive oil on each half apple.
- Perfume few sprigs of thyme.
- Salt and pepper.
Bake for 15 minutes at 200 ° C.
- Cut the goat's cheese into 4 slices in thickness. Warning: prefer to do this a sharp knife.
- Ask a slice of cheese on each half apple.
- Bake again for 5-8 minutes under the broiler.
- Serve hot with a good crisp green salad seasoned cider vinegar and hazelnut oil (or nuts).
It is sweet AND savory!
Variation: goat cheese goes perfectly with the honey. When bake apples, pour a teaspoon of honey on each half apple. They caramelize while cooking. Perfect for a sweet-savory entry.
Credit: © Philippe Dufour