Peas in bacon, with or without carrots, is a must for traditional French recipes.
Often bought canned taste n’is not the same when’they are cooked with fresh peas.
Ingredients for 4 people:
- 1 kg of peas fresh
- 200 g bacon
- 2 onions
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 1 leaf laurel
- Salt and pepper
Recipe peas with bacon
The recipe peas with bacon and onions are so familiar that’you almost forget that’it's easy and tasty.
Note that 1 kg of small fresh peas gives about 400 g of small shelled peas.
- Start by shelling and clean fresh peas
- Peel and chop the onions
- Heat the’oil’olive and brown the onions to brown slightly
- Keep warm onions
In a casserole or individual casserole
- Put the peas divided into firing support function
- Add the bacon, thyme and bay leaf, then mix
- $ 2 glass’water s’he s’is d’one casserole (distributed according cassolettes if needed)
- Cover Up
- Cook over low heat for about 15 minutes
- Peas should not crumple, they must remain tender but firm
- Add onions and stir