Here is a tasty alternative to traditional egg casserole with this egg casserole to mashed zucchini.
Ingredients for 4 people:
- 5 g of butter
- 200 g of mashed zucchini
- 20 cl whipping cream
- 4 large fresh eggs
- 4 pinches of cayenne pepper
- 4 slices of bread
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
Casserole recipe eggs to mashed zucchini
Preheat oven to 150 ° C (th. 4).
- Butter 4 ramekins.
- In a bowl, place the mashed zucchini, the cream, season with salt and pepper and mix. Pour this mixture into the ramekins.
- Carefully break 1 egg into each ramekin. Add cayenne pepper.
- Bake in a water bath for 18 minutes (the whites should be taken, but remain runny yolks).
While cooking eggs,
- Toast the bread slices then cut to obtain the blotters.
- Serve hot with bread fingers.
The zucchini can be simply steamed. Drain and blend for a light and tasty purée.
The cream 30% covers about 14% of daily calorie intake (based on a 2000 calories). It contains 292 calories per 100 g, for which it consists of 64 g’water, 30 g fat, 4 g carbohydrates and 2 g of protein. If the line is monitored, fewer calories creams exist: Cream 18% contains 193 calories per 100 g, 4% that contains only 75 calories.
If full cream is richer in fat, it is also more flavorful and creamy. You can always take pleasure in consuming less often or in smaller quantities!
Recipe: A. Beauvais
Photo: A. Beauvais - F. Hamel