Marl Pit mold is the inevitable recipe mussels and undoubtedly’one of the best to eat.
She is faithful to the taste of the mold and is easy and quick to prepare.
Ingredients for 4 people:
- 2 kg of mussels (500g per person)
- 1 large onion
- 1 stalk celery
- 20 cl of white wine
- 1 small bunch parsley flat
- 1 knob of butter
Mussels, whatever the recipe must be cleaned so as to leave no residue. Cleaning is
- Scrape them and removing the fine linen, the greenish filament which is used to mold s’attach to rocks or their support.
- Dip the molds in’cold water several times until’that the’water remains clear
- Remove the mussels which float because they are the ones who have already died
- Always remove the mold’water before draining
Preparing marinara sauce:
- Clean the branch celery, remove the white part and keep a portion of about 10 cm
- Cut the celery into small julienne branch
- Peel the’onion
- Mince the’onion
- Chop 3-4 sprigs of parsley
- Heat a little butter in a large pot
- Add the’onion and celery
- Sweat for a few minutes and add the white wine
- Cook about 5 minutes, the onions should remain crisp
- Add mussels and cook about 10 min
- Add to the last moment chopped parsley
How to know if the mussels are cooked?
The mussels are cooked when’all are open and that’one can easily grasp of the flesh. Be careful, do not let too cook at risk of losing flavor and firmness.
We love accompany mussels fried but can also taste like that as an aperitif or as a starter.