Certainly the most famous mussel recipes after the traditional mold marinières, mussels in curry offer a tasty blend of spices and crustaceans.
Ingredients for 4 people:
- 2 Kg of molds
- 1 onion
- 2 shallots
- 1 clovegarlic
- Parsley (About ten stems)
- Fresh cream
- Curry Powder
Recipe for curried mussels:
Start with clean mussels, taking care to remove the filament and scratch if necessary in order to’have clean mussels.
- Peel and slice the’onions and shallots
- Chop the parsley coarsely
In a Dutch oven,
- Melt a knob of butter
- Add the’onion and chopped shallots
- Sweat for 2/3 minutes on medium heat
- Add mussels
- Stir with a spatula to turn the molds to the bottom
In the meantime,
- Melt 25 cl thick fresh cream in a saucepan,
- Add 1 teaspoon curry powder and parsley
When all the mussels are open, remove the juice and keep 25 cl that you will mix with sour cream and mix with the mussels.
Serve hot, why not with fries?