Couscous is a delicious dish, traditional in North Africa, and so appreciated everywhere.
Rich in vegetable and flavor, here accompanied’lamb, chicken and sausages.
Ingredients for 6 people:
Vegetables and spices for couscous.
- 6 carrots
- 3 zucchini averages
- 1 eggplant
- 4 turnips
- 1 stalk celery
- 2 beautiful onions
- 2 liters of chicken stock
- 1/2 tomato paste box
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons of Ras el hanout
Meat for couscous:
According to taste, can be varied or mix the meat differently to couscous although the traditional recipe calls of’lamb, chicken and sausages.
- 400 gr of’Shoulder to’Boneless lamb
- 6 chicken thighs
- 6 merguez
Recipe of the royal couscous:
The success of the recipe for couscous royal also lies in a good selection of seasonal vegetables.
- Peel all vegetables, wash and cut also medium sized cube
- Sweat the onions in the’oil’olive oil and add the vegetables for about 2 minutes
- Cover the vegetables with the chicken stock
- Add the tomato paste
- Cook for 30 minutes, keeping a slight boil.
- Add the chickpeas and saffron
Note If you love the’slightly lamb confit, you better start to brown the vegetables before cooking and then continue to cook with vegetables.
- Start by cutting the’lamb piece of equally (about 4 cm sides)
- Saute’Lamb in’oil’olive to brown the pieces
- Then do the same with chicken
- Add the paprika and cook for 10 minutes
- Place in the oven for 15 minutes
- Cook the sausages on the grill at the last moment
For the meal, we predict in general a glass filled for 2 people.
- Boil 1 volume’water to 1 volume of semolina
- Can the season’water with Ras el hanout
- Pour’Water semolina and cover before serving for 10 minutes
How to serve couscous:
L’Ideally d’use a flat couscous or tagine.
- It then has the semolina to the bottom
- The pieces of meat are placed above
- Finally, we put the vegetables around
The decor is also a matter of’feel and taste of which must not deprive her creativity to run ...
Couscous may be accompanied by’Harrissa but beware, it stings!