Here is the delicious recipe frosted currants on a bed of light vanilla cream, decorated with a traditional recipe’a jam bed.
Ingredients for 4 people
- 150 grams of black cherry jam Bonne Maman
- 2 star anise
- 2 gelatine leaves
- (Approximately 10 × 2 small meringues)
- 4 whites’egg
- 250g caster sugar
- 1 l of milk
- 1 vanilla bean (or 1 tsp vanilla sugar)
- 100 to 120 g of sugar
- 6 egg yolks
- 2 bunches of red currants / person
- 80 g of powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla sugar
- 1 egg white
Preparation time : 45 minutes Cooking time 2h
Recipe frosted currants on a bed of light vanilla cream
In a saucepan, caramelize the black cherry jam Bonne Maman and star anise, until a syrupy sauce.
- Soak the gelatine leaves in a bowl’cold water.
- Place in a bowl of cherry jam and add the gelatin. Warm them in the microwave oven and blend slightly. Place in the fridge 20-30 minutes then mix again.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff.
- Add sugar in small amounts while continuing to beat.
- Place the meringue into a pastry bag with a star tip.
- Poach small meringues on a sheet of parchment paper.
- Cook from 1h30 to 2 hours from 90 ° C to 100 ° C.
- Bake for 2 hours of cooking. After this time, turn off the oven and let cool to’inside with the door ajar for the meringues to dry finish.
- Cut 2 vanilla pod along its length.
- Boil the milk with the vanilla bean.
- Whisk yolks’egg and sugar in a bowl. Slowly pour the boiling milk over the yolks while whisking.
- Finish cooking in a water bath at 82 ° C when the cream begins to thicken.
- Pour the cream into a dish. Let cool completely without covering before the chill.
To make 2 pm at’advance.
- Wash the currants without hull. Soak in a white d’beaten egg and then in granulated sugar added vanilla sugar.
- Arrange on a plate and refrigerate to serve then very fresh.
- Top with meringue stewed black cherry and place in the fridge.
- Serve with custard.
- Put some branches aside and place them on the edge of the plate to create a decoration that is both original and delicious.
Photo credit: Good Mom / F. Mantovani