Just bought or harvest beautiful potatoes in your garden and want to make a good potato gratin, here is a recipe for success, and treat yourself with this essential good French dish tables.
Ingredients for 4 to 6 people:
- 1 to 1.5 kg of potato firm chair
- Milk + double cream
- Grated cheese (Gruyere, Emmental)
- Salt, pepper, nutmeg
Potato gratin recipe:
- Preheat oven to 180 °
- Preferably choose a variety of potatoes with firm flesh Type of charlotte
- Peel them, remove the brown parts and wash well with cold water.
- Cut into thin strips, either by hand or with your robot.
More slats are thin, the better your gratin
- Butter the bottom of your gratin plant by putting a little finely chopped garlic. You can also rub the bottom of the dish with garlic before putting butter.
- Then place your potato slices alternating with milk, cheese, garlic, salt, pepper and a little nutmeg (Optional).
- In the middle of the dish replace
- Continue this alternating potatoes, grated cheese, milk and garlic, until you reach the top of your dish.
There amount of garlic depends on your preferences. Some put on each floor, while others prefer to put less depending on the desired taste.
There cream makes it more creamy gratin but it is not required. You can not put that milk or replace it with light cream.
- Once the top we cover it all with a good layer of grated cheese in order to broil.
Baking potato gratin:
Place your dish in the middle of the oven and leave your leather scalloped potatoes for 1 hour.
There key to success often lies in the cooking, it must be long but mild temperature, so it is important to regularly monitor.
The Milk must be fully absorbed but everything must stay very smooth.
- You can also how successful cultivation of the potato