The quince jelly is undoubtedly’One of the best ways’use your delicious quince quince.
This will enable you to keep for many months your potted jellies, fruit of’an often abundant and generous harvest.
- 800 g sugar / juice pounds
- Quinces according to the harvest
- 1 large pot
- 1 drainer
- 1 chiffon (it can be 1 tea towel)
- Jam jars
Harvesting of quinces:
Picking quinces much depends on the region.
It should pick the right date for both to have the biggest possible and as the ripest fruit as possible.
The most appropriate date often coincides with the first fell, at times even at the onset of first frost.
Recipe for quince jelly:
- Cut the quinces into pieces, taking care of separate hearts
- Lock these hearts in a small closed muslin you will have in the midst of fruit when cooking.
- Cover with water, cook the
- Drain overnight during, or use a small press to get the most juice.
- Well we keep throwing the remaining pulp to make delicious fruit pastes.
Leave the juice obtained for 24 hours....... Everything is ready to commit cooking.
Cooking quince jelly:
- Add sugar at the rate of 800 gr for a kilo of juice together with a lemon juice and vanilla pod, cut into pieces.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and then to cook for 30 minutes about while stirring with a wooden spoon.
Stop cooking when the mixture begins to jellify follow your spoon.
- Potting and close.
Recipe from Paloup, jams and jellies specialist.
- Also find how cultivate a quince tree in his garden