Here's a chocolate variation of the traditional cake with frangipane. Flux and greedy delight to celebrate the kings.
Ingredients for 6 people:
- 2 puff pastry
- 120 ml custard with vanilla
- 35 g of butter
- 3 eggs
- 35g sugar
- 45g ground almonds
- 70 g of chocolate powder
- 1 bean
Recipe of the cake with chocolate frangipane
- Mix the softened butter and sugar until bleaching.
- Add the ground almonds, 2 eggs and mix.
- Add the cold custard, chocolate powder and mix.
Arrange dough in a pie plate or baking tray covered with baking paper and prick with a fork.
- Place a brush dipped in cold water by 2 cm inner edges to facilitate adherence.
- Top with frangipane about 1.5 cm in height, remove the bean on an edge.
- Close the wafer with the second paste, sealing the edges with a little water.
- Brush with beaten egg the surface of the wafer in 2 times waiting for a good 1/4 hour between each layer, then decorate as you wish and let stand a few hours in the refrigerator.
- Bake the cake at 175 ° for 40-45 minutes in a preheated oven.
Visual Credit: © Christophe Doucet