To change the traditional potato pancakes or vegetable pancakes, treat yourself to these delicious quinoa patties Carrot and Leek.
Ingredients for 4 people:
- 200 g quinoa
- 1 leek
- 2 carrots
- 2 eggs
- 30g butter
- 2 tbsp. Tablespoons’grapeseed oil
- coarse salt
Health : benefits and virtues of carrots and benefits and virtues of the leek
Quinoa cake Carrot and Leek
- Rinse the quinoa under’cold water.
- Bring a pan of’salt water with salt to boil, add quinoa.
- Bake 15 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Remove the outer leaves of the leek too firm and its ends.
- Wash and’chop finely.
- Peel, wash and cut into julienne carrots.
In a skillet,
- Melt the butter, add the carrots and leeks.
- Cook 4 to 5 minutes.
In a bowl,
- Gather quinoa, the contents of the pan and the eggs.
- Mix well.
In small stoves,
- Heat the’oil, put some of the contents of the bowl.
- Flatten to’Using’a spatula.
- Heat the wafers 3 minutes on the first side.
- Turn and cook another 3 minutes.
Pour It Up!
B.A.BA the head
Minced chicken with paprika cream: l’ideal accompaniment to this cake. To do this, cut 4 chicken breasts into
strips and sauté in 30 g butter 4-5 minutes. Sprinkle with paprika, add 10 cl cream. Reduce.
To better shape these patties: place a circle stainless steel 6 inches in diameter in the pan, fill it
quinoa, press down well. Cook 2 minutes on each side and finish cooking for 5 minutes in an oven at 150 ° C (th.5).
Words from the kitchen
Slice: cut into thin slices.
Cut Back : Evaporate a liquid to concentrate the flavor of’food by bringing it to a boil.
Sauter: which enables fast cooking’make a nice color and set the taste by’contribution of’a fat.
Cut into thin strips: Cut into even slices 1 to 2 mm thick and then overlay and cut into filaments few inches = enfins cut sticks (eg leek julienne orange peel julienne ...).
Recipe: T. Bryone, Photo: C. Herlédan