L’endive with ham is a family recipe and delicious dish that’we like to taste and’bitterness of the endive.
Here's a great way to enjoy the endives.
Ingredients for 4-6 people:
- 8 beautiful endives
- 8 slices of ham
- 100g grated cheese
- 50g butter
- 50 g flour
- 75 cl milk
Recipe of endives au gratin ham
Note that’in Belgium and in the North of France, called the’endive and chicory that this recipe s’so called Chicory with ham
Prepare the chicory:
It is necessary to’First leather endives in a pot or other baking dish before putting them in the oven.
- First remove the leaves from the top
- Remove form the cone’the hardest end, taking care not to cut everything not all the leaves stand
- Clean the endive if necessary
- Put the fire by covering with a little butter for 30-40 min
Conduct a béchamel:
Béchamel should be thick enough.
- Melt 50g butter over low heat
- Add flour and stir over low heat for about 1 min
- Add the cold milk and mix until’to the sauce thickens
- You can then season with salt, pepper and nutmeg same
- Finally, add 50g grated cheese (Gruyère or Emmental)
Broil endives with béchamel and ham:
- Preheat to 200 °
In a baking dish,
- Wrap each endive d’a beautiful slice of ham
- Arrange your buttered dish in background)
- Add the béchamel over
- Arrange the remaining grated cheese
- Bake in the oven for about 15 minutes
Here are your endive with ham and béchamel ready to be served. You can then propose with a good lettuce seasoned with balsamic or raspberry to break the’bitterness of the endive.
- If you want to grow your endives yourselves, here is the technique