The persimon persimmons are on the market. For those who do not know this fruit popular for its sweet, vanilla flavor, firm and crisp flesh that distinguishes it from its other cousins persimmons, it's now or never to taste it. Discover concocting this very tasty recipe.
Ingredients for 6 people:
- 2 persimmons
- 12 washers Jerusalem artichoke
- some black olives
- 4 mandarins
- leaves mint, parsley
- sea salt and pepper
- 1 liter of olive oil hojiblanca
Recipe persimmons and Jerusalem artichoke, breaded in’dried olive
- Using a cookie cutter, cut persimmon slices one centimeter thick and thin slices of marinated artichoke.
- Place the persimmon washer between two slices of marinated artichoke.
For the marinade:
- A liter of water, white vinegar, a pinch of ginger, pepper, 2-3 grams of parsley.
- Marinate slices of Jerusalem artichoke for 24 hours.
For the mint-mandarin oil:
- Peel 4 tangerines, taking care to remove the white film and let them dry in your kitchen, then go to the coffee grinder to powder.
- Add this powder in hojiblanca olive oil with a few mint leaves.
- Keep cool this flavored oil that will serve you for this dish but for other preparations of your choice.
For dried olive:
- Dry black olives in the oven for eight hours at 100º. Then grate them with micro-grater.
- Roll the slices on their edge in the grated black olives, place on a plate, add a dash of mint, tangerine olive oil, pepper and season with sea salt mixed with powdered dried tangerine.
For more information: khaki persimon is ideal for on vitamins for the winter.
A picture credit: khaki persimon / Alberto Herraiz - El Fogon