L’Autumn marks the’arrival of pumpkins, delicious recipes and colors. Here's an original idea and slightly spicy pumpkin curry with this.
Preparation : 20 min
Baking : 40 min
Ingredients for 4 people:
- 2 onions
- 1 tsp. Tablespoons’sunflower oil
- 30 g clarified butter
- 200g red lentils
- 1 tsp. tablespoons tomato paste 1 tsp. Coffee garam masala
- 1 tsp. Coffee mustard seed
- 300 g pumpkin
- 1 tsp. tablespoons sugar
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
Recipe for pumpkin curry
- Peel, wash and cut the onions into mirepoix.
- In a casserole, heat the’oil with butter. Cook without browning onions. Add the lentils, pour 50 cl’water, add tomato paste and spices.
- Meanwhile, peel and pre-cook the pumpkin steamed, it must appear crisp.
- Cut the pumpkin into cubes, pour in the lentils casserole with sugar. Stir and continue cooking. Cover and simmer 15 minutes.
- Place the pan on high heat until’to thicken the sauce. - Serve hot with fragrant rice.
READ MORE ...
From the family of legumes (split peas, kidney beans, beans ...), coral lenses are used in Asian cuisine, mixed with rice and spices. Peeled red lentils (d’where the orange color), they are well suited to achieving soups because devoid of their shell, they quickly melt at cooking.
Low-calorie (20 calories per 100 grams), the pumpkin is characterized by a very high water content (92%) and a high concentration of provitamin A (carotene): the higher the pumpkin is intense in color, the more it contains!
Recipe: A. Beauvais
Photo: A. Beauvais - F. Hamel