The apricot carrot cream is a beautiful and colorful vitamin entry which will also give you good looks thanks to the carotene.
Ingredients for 4 people:
- 2 onions
- 800 g carrots
- 5 cl’oil’olive
- 60 cl vegetable broth
- 2 shallots
- 150 g of cheese whipped (type Madam Loïc)
- 8 apricots ripe
- 1 pinch of sugar
- 6 beautiful leaves basil
- 2 tbsp. tablespoons of cream
- 1 tsp. tablespoons gomasio
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
Cream of Carrot Apricot
- Peel the onions and carrots. Mince.
- In’oil, sweat the onions and carrots, add the vegetable broth, cover and cook 20 to 25 minutes.
- Peel and chop the shallots.
- In a bowl, add the whipped cheese, the’season with pepper and’shallots. Refrigerate until’before serving.
- Wash the apricots and mix.
- Mix the vegetable broth. Add puree’apricots. Bring to a boil, season with salt and pepper and sugar. Mix again and add the basil leaves and cream. Emulsify the’together. Cool (about 2 hours).
- To serve, pour the cream cold carrots in small glasses (or other containers), add cheese whipped with shallots and sprinkle gomasio.
READ MORE ...
Early, early, early vegetables, news, conservations ... Many varieties carrots are harvested in the months to provide the market and our plates. It is therefore easy to get fresh carrots summer and winter. Produced since the eighteenth century in France, this root is the third most cultivated and consumed vegetable (10 kg per year per capita), following the potato and tomato.
Recipe: A. Beauvais Photo: F. Hamel