Confiturez-smart with the products of your garden.
Why not a rhubarb strawberry jam!
Let us trust the competence of our grandmothers to form the basic foundation of rhubarb strawberry jam.
Preparation time: 30 min
Cooking time: 30 min
Ingredients for jam rhubarb:
- 500 g rhubarb
- 500 g strawberries
- 800 g of granulated sugar
- The juice’1 lemon
Recipe rhubarb strawberry jam:
Strawberry jam and rhubarb is’the best way to get married to another rhubarb fruit jam. This brings softness and removes the’acidity of the rhubarb.
- Cut large rhubarb leaves to keep only the petioles (rhubarb sticks)
Keep the leaves to make purin rhubarb
- Clean the petioles.
- Jealously guard the Pink basis of freshly picked petioles.
- Wash strawberries and remove stems
Harvested in the spring, he n’is not necessary’remove son in rhubarb, but gathered in summer, it will be better to taste the peel and’remove son in the shot
- Disconnect’set of rhubarb into small sections.
- Combine rhubarb and strawberries
- Cover with sugar and mix, time to marinate for an hour or two.
Cooking rhubarb strawberry jam:
Get the maceration juice and high heat, do reduce by 40 to 50%.
This will help to’so good taking your jam.
- Then put on the fire and gradually bring to a boil, stirring to avoid’hang on the bottom.
Can add to selection, before the final cooking:
- A packet of vanilla sugar or vanilla pod previously cut into small cubes.
- A pinch of cinnamon.
- 2 cloves.
- Slivered almonds or of powder’almond.
- The juice’a lemon.
- Mint leaves.
The jam is ready when the mixture becomes smooth and its color changes to pink.
- Put in jars, close them immediately and store at’Protect from light
- If your pots are uncovered, you can also wait for their cooling, pour melted paraffin and then coated with’a small square of fabric decorated as you hold with an elastic.
In all cases, your jam jars remind you greedy closets and plenty provided your grandmother and remind your children that you are really a clever cook!
Recipe from Paloup
Check out other recipes paloup:
- dandelion jelly
- Blackberry jam
- Blackberry jelly