The fig jam is a great recipe to accompany your sandwiches, pancakes but also foie gras, cheese or poultry.
Here's an easy recipe, fast and above all delicious ...
Ingredients for 1.5 kg of jam:
- 1 kg of figs
- 600 grams of sugar
- The juice’1 lemon
- 1 vanilla bean (optional)
Recipe of the fig jam:
For successful this jam is best to choose figs relatively mature and full of sun ...
- First remove the tails
- Wash and cut the figs into quarters
- Put the pieces in a pot or other cooking utensil
- Add sugar and mix
- Let marinate for 1 to 2 hour (s)
Cooking the fig jam:
Cooking is actually quite fast but should be monitored because it can vary depending on the level of maturity of the figs.
- Before cooking, add the vanilla pod (that n’is not necessary but it gives a special flavor)
- Pour lemon juice
- Cook for about 20 minutes
- Stir occasionally
For even if the fig jam is cooked, just put a bit of jam on a cold plate and even if it freezes. If c’is where c’is that’it is good to put in the pot.
- Once cooked you fill each pot upgraded, you close and you return them until’full cooling.
This jam is obviously ideal on bread but try also with foie gras or the volume of goat or sheep and you'll love ...