Here is the fig jam recipe with honey, white wine and cinnamon, proposed by Françoise Porcher specialist and loving jams.
- 1 kg 500 figs purple
- 50 cl quality dry white wine
- 400 g honey thousand flowers, liquid, preferably organic
- 400 g of granulated sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
Recipe of the fig jam with honey, white wine and cinnamon
- I wipe my figues with a damp cloth. I remove the top of the stalk. I cut my figs into quarters.
- I put them in my bowl copper or stainless steel container, I pour the wine and add the cinnamon stick.
- Eventually, I pour a little mineral water to cover all the figs.
- I bring to a boil, then let simmer over medium heat until the figs are touched and juices they make, starts to become syrupy.
- I fee and reserve in a bowl.
- I add the honey syrup and I heat over low heat, then pour the sugar into rain. I reduce this tasty syrup. It must freeze after my spoon fourth gout.
- I put my figs in this syrup and gives a light broth.
- I love my intersect in two figs to make cubes, on the back of a wooden spoon, it helps to prolong the pleasure of a refined jam that quickly eat with a spoon.
The firing lasted about 40 minutes.
SUGGESTION : Served accompanied by a scoop of ice cream to choose from, even chocolate ice cream or sorbet cassis, it becomes a delicacy.
Françoise Porcher (about the’author and his book)