Although there are almost all pears year, autumn varieties such as the Conference, the Beurre Hardy or Comice are excellent to prepare delicious sauces.
Here's an easy recipe to make that will appeal to connoisseurs as the greedy.
Preparation time : 5 minutes
Cooking time : 15 minutes
Ingredients for 4 people
- 5 large enough Comices pears and blackberries
- 120 g of sugar
- 16 nuts
The pear compote recipe with walnuts
- Peel the pears and cut them in half. Scoop out.
- Cut them into small pieces.
- Pour into a saucepan with nonstick coating.
- Let them simmer until pears have melted. Count about fifteen minutes. Stir occasionally with a wooden spoon so that pears do not stick to the pan.
- Stir halfway through cooking sugar.
- Remove from heat and pour the sauce in glass jars or in a fruit bowl.
- After cooling the sauce, put the glasses or fruit bowl in the fridge.
- To serve, place the walnut halves on the sauce.
It'll just enjoy this tasty dessert.
Corner gourmets: This sauce can also be served as an accompaniment to chocolate cake or ice cream.
Photo credit: Laetitia Devillars (not royalty free photo right)