The fig chutney is a perfect recipe to cook the figs and to accompany meats, poultry, foie gras terrine.
- 10 cl sweet or sweet wine
- 10 cl’water
- 800 g figs fresh
- 100 g of sugar
- 2 onions red
- 1 apple
- 1 ginger cc
- 12 cc cinnamon
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar (wine or sherry)
- Salt and pepper
Fig chutney recipe:
Unlike fig jam, chutney s’rather directs in‘accompaniment to savory dishes (White meat, foie gras, terrine, poultry). The success of this recipe is for everyone!
- Start by washing the figs and remove the stalk
- In a saucepan, dip the figs in sweet wine over low heat, covered
- Stir gently so let s’permeate all figs
- After 30 minutes, remove from heat and let cool
- Then cut the figs into small wedges
- Finely chop the onion and sauté in a pan in’oil’olive
- Peel the apple and cut into large cubes (apple pectin which brings gives consistency chutney)
- With the onions, add the figs district then cut diced apples in the pan
- Deglaze with a little’water then put it back in the pan
- Add sugar, ginger, cinnamon + + vinegar
- Cover and simmer with a little’water (about 10 cl) about 1/4 of’hour, stirring regularly
- Remove from heat
- Season with salt and pepper
You are free to mix or let the chutney with pieces of figs.
N chutney’not a jam, the shelf life is shorter. To keep the best of your chutney, it is best to consume it within days or freeze it.
- Find all our recipes with figs