Here is a happy marriage between the duck breast and red cabbage, a mixture of tenderness, of’acidity and flavors.
Ingredients for 4 people
- 1 red cabbage
- 50 g duck fat
- 25 cl strong red wine (type Wine tasting)
- 2 tbsp. tablespoons wine vinegar
- 30 g of frozen currants
- 500 g potatoes (Charlotte)
- 20g salted butter
- 1 tsp. Tablespoons’oil
- 4 duck breasts (150 g each)
- 1 tsp. Coffee d’spices (pepper, ground cloves)
- Salt and pepper
- 50g salted butter
- 25 cl chicken stock
- Salt and pepper
Duck breast with red cabbage
- Wash the cabbage, remove the largest rib and cut into thin strips.
- Melt the duck fat, sauté cabbage 15 minutes on low heat.
- Add wine, vinegar and currant jelly. Cook again 15 minutes, covered.
Preheat oven to 140 ° C (th.4).
- Peel, wash and grate the potatoes.
- In a skillet, heat 20 g of butter and’oil, add the potatoes.
- Cook over medium heat this cake 5 minutes on each side.
- Keep warm in the oven.
For the sauce:
- Cut the cold butter into pieces.
- Pour the chicken broth in a saucepan over medium heat, do reduce and gradually add the butter while beating.
- Sprinkle the duck fillets’spices.
- Place them in a hot pan (skin side first) and cook 4 to 5 minutes on each side.
- Cut the duck breast into slices. Place on warm plates, accompanied by potato pancake, cabbage.
- Spoon sauce over top.
- B.A.BA CHEF
This recipe can be made with pigeon, quail, pork tenderloin ...
- SIDE CAVE:
- WORDS OF KITCHEN
- Coat Pour liquid (cream, sauce, a sauce ...) so as to cover a preparation.
- Ward : Preparing food for her cooking or her table service, remove anything that night to the presentation to make it even more appetizing.
- Cut Back : Evaporating a liquid to concentrate the flavor of’food by bringing it to a boil.
Photo: C. Herlédan