Here is the recipe of the duck marsh ginger puree and spices butter, an invitation to discovery.
Preparation : 40 min
Baking 2 h 40 min
Rest 2 h 15 min
Ingredients for 6 people:
- 85g salted butter
- ½ tsp. powdered cinnamon
- ½ tsp. Coffee chilli’Espelette
- ½ tsp. Coffee turmeric
- 4 pink onions
- 2 oranges
- 1 duck Marsh (2.5 to 3 kg)
- 150 g syrup’agave
- 1 ginger fresh
- 20 cl of juice’orange
- 25 cl of white wine
- 10 cl’water
- 800 g potatoes
- 10 cl milk
- 1 yolk’egg
- Salt, freshly ground pepper
Duck marsh ginger puree Butter’spices
- 60 g butter out of the refrigerator one hour before use.
In a bowl,
- Work the butter with a fork until’in that’it has the consistency of’an ointment.
- Stir in spices.
- Mix up’to’obtaining’smooth.
- Place the butter composed of plastic wrap and shape into a roll, taking care to close the ends.
- Refrigerate for 1:15.
Preparation of the duck:
Preheat oven to 180 ° C (gas mark 6).
- Peel and cut the onions in half.
- Wash and cut the oranges in half.
- Rub the duck with sea salt or failing with coarse salt (then remove the’surplus of coarse salt).
In a saucepan,
- pour the syrup’agave and grate the’equivalent’a tbsp. chopped fresh ginger. The brewing over low heat, covered, 15 minutes.
- Add the remaining 25g butter cut into small pieces.
- Let reduce then pour the juice’orange and white wine.
- Reduce the sauce until’in that’it becomes syrupy.
In a flat,
- Place the duck, oranges and onions.
- Coat the duck d’third ginger syrup.
- L’bake 20 minutes.
After this time, add 10 cl’water and cover with duck’a sheet of paper’aluminum. Bake 1 hour by regularly checking the cooking water and if necessary to’water.
Finish cooking the duck by removing the sheet’aluminum and the’coating the remaining syrup. Cook 40 minutes. The duck must be well colored.
When cooked duck, prepare the mashed potatoes:
- Peel, wash and cook the potatoes in’salt water for 25 minutes.
- Mash the potatoes and add the pureed butter’spices, milk and yellow’egg.
- Season with sea salt and pepper.
- Mix well and keep warm until’before serving.
- Remove the duck from the oven, strain the cooking liquid and place it in a gravy boat.
Presenting the duck in a dish with onions and oranges, mashed potatoes in cups decorated with his butter’spices.
Serve with chaud.Compléments’news
It takes 20 to 25 minutes of cooking time per 450 to 500 grams of duck.
Recipe: A. Beauvais, Photo: F. Hamel