Input or appetizer, crab cake and fennel will delight you with the flavors and scents that’it gives off.
Preparation : 25 min
Baking 1 h
Rest 2 h
Ingredients for 4 people:
- 1 fennel
- 135 g butter (including 5 g for mold)
- 100 g of meat crab fresh
- 1 stalk thyme
- 4 eggs
- 150 g flour
- 1 packet of yeast
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
Cake recipe crab and fennel
- Wash the fennel and cook with steam (about 15 minutes according to’apparatus). Once cooked, the’mince.
Preheat oven to 180 ° C (th. 6).
- Butter a loaf pan and then line with baking paper.
- Crumble crabmeat. Mix the fennel and thyme leaves.
- Melt the butter.
In a bowl,
- Whisk the eggs with the flour, baking powder and pour the melted butter.
- Pour crab, fennel and thyme, season and mix.
- Pour’device into the cake tin and bake for 45 minutes.
- Cool (about 2 hours) before serving.
Complements of’information about the fennel
With its origins in the Mediterranean, fennel was appreciated in turn by the Egyptians, Greeks, Romans who’introduced in the UK. Later, he crossed the’Atlantic in boats during the Anglo-Saxon settlement.
Used since ancient times, some people s’used it to its medicinal, d’others to refresh’halène or flavor their dishes, and many have lent shared between strong symbolic rituals, spells and mythology. Aujourd’hui this plant is most common in northern Europe, the United Kingdom and the United States, but its stronghold remains undeniably’Italy, where it is the most cultivated and consumed more.
Recipe: A. Beauvais
Photo: A. Beauvais - F. Hamel