Cod brandade is sometimes forgotten dish but still relatively simple to perform and really delicious to eat.
Based on cod and potato, here cod brandade recipe as you did’have ever done!
Ingredients for 4 people:
- 500 gr cod
- 1-2 cloves’garlic to taste
- 2 shallots, 1 small onion
- 1 bunch parsley chopped flat
- 25 cl milk
- 600g potatoes
Recipe of the cod brandade:
Cod brandade may be considered a cod pie or just mashed cod.
The amount’oil’olive used varies according to each preference but we can say that 3 tbsp allows’have a nice consistency.
If you prefer to limit the amount of’oil’olive, replace part of milk, this limits the number of calories.
- The day before, start with desalinated cod swim in the s’cold water.
- This takes at least 24 hours and change’Water must be renewed at least 3 to 4 times. If the amount of cod is more important or have a thick piece, allow more time desalting.
- Cook (poach) then cod in’simmering water for 8 to 10 m, skimming regularly.
- Then remove the bones and skin of the fish.
- Pluck (crumble) with fingers so not having songs, nor’edges.
- Sweat the shallots with’garlic in’oil of’Olive.
- Add the cod and the parsley chiseled.
Preparation of potatoes:
- Make leather potato puree, without salt
- Mash the potatoes and add 3 tbsp’oil’olives
- Add the milk so as to have a homogeneous and smooth together
- Mix in the preparation of cod
Cooking cod brandade:
- In a baking dish, place the cod brandade.
- Add a dash of’oil’olive above.
- Reheat at 180 degrees for 10 min.
- Before serving, broil grill in top mode.
Cod brandade s’willing to accompany’good lettuce.
Did you know, cod is actually cod?
Indeed, it is called the cod when’it is fresh and cod when’it was salty. Salting the fish was long the only way to keep it.
The fisherman from the northern seas the salted, dry and then kept on doing it in a way to consume it for months.
Aujourd’hui, to our delight, he stayed cod and cod brandade.