Beef bourguignon is a French specialty that offers the’honor beef, wine and marinade and treats us well for many years.
Ingredients for 6 people:
- 1.5 kg beef (Chuck, lodging, Scoter)
- 150 g bacon
- 1 kg of carrots
- 200 g of Paris mushrooms
- 150 g of small pearl onions
- 1 liter of red wine
- 4 or 5 shallots
- 1 onion
- 1 cloves’garlic
- 1 bouquet garni
- 10 cl’oil’olive
- Salt and pepper
Beef bourguignon recipe:
The recipe for beef bourguignon can be performed in the morning but will be much better if prepared the day (24 am to’advance) so much marinate beef.
For wine, preferably choose a wine from Burgundy or south rather powerful.
- Cut the meat into pieces of uniform size of 4 to 5 cm aside about
- Peel and mince the’onion
- Peel and cut the carrots into pieces
- Overwrite the’garlic
- Put everything in a bowl and pour the red wine until’that the meat is fully covered
- Add 2 carrots, peeled, pepper and bouquet garni
- Marinate for at least 6 hours (up’to 24 hours) in the fridge
Once well marinated meat is ready to be baked in a casserole, ideally cast
- Remove the meat in the’dripping marinade separately so didnt keep the meat’a side of vegetables’On the other hand, and wine of’other
- Heat the’oil’Olive in the cooker
- Add meat and brown each side for about 10 minutes
- Add the bacon, vegetables from the marinade and come back a few minutes
- Pour the marinade and cover the casserole
- Leave on low heat for 2 hours minimum Leather
- After 2 hours, add the remaining carrots
- Slice the mushrooms and add to the cooked and the onions greots
- Allow another 45 minutes leather
- If the sauce is too thin you can correct with cornstarch (cornflour kind)
Once cooked, you can use the beef bourguignon with boiled potatoes order’have a complete meal.
Beef bourguignon is even better the next day, when’it is warmed ...