Colorful, fresh and delicious, sugar beet is also an excellent food for health. Here is the recipe for beetroot with hazelnuts.
Preparation time: 10-15 minutes
Ingredients for 4 people:
- 2 beautiful beets red cooked
- 1 c. in s. wine vinegar
- 1 c. c. mustard
- 2 c. in s. hazelnut oil
- 1 c. in s. of neutral oil (grapeseed, sunflower or peanut)
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 pinch of pepper
- 2 c. in s. curved shelled hazelnuts
Recipe beetroot with hazelnuts
- Peel the beets and cut into small cubes (or sticks).
- Prepare the sauce in the bottom of the bowl by successively adding vinegar, salt, pepper, mustard and finally oils. Mix well and season beets.
- Crush the nuts in a mortar with a pestle (alternatively, place the nuts in a plastic bag wrapped in a towel then strike - not too hard not to powder - with a small mallet or strongly support it with the back of a wooden spoon). Brown them briefly in a dry pan.
- Sprinkle beet salad still warm hazelnuts tasty hot-cold contrast and crisp-soft insured!
Preparation option: using raw beets.
It is found in raw beets trade which, once peeled and grated, can be eaten as cooked with a spicy sauce.
Warning: when preparing to avoid staining your hands with pink beetroot juice, use gloves for latex. That said, two or three successive washes hands enough to overcome this minor inconvenience.
Credit: © Philippe Dufour