Unavoidable serves Christmas, the log is cooked 1001 ways.
Here is a delicious recipe for Yule log Kiwi, easy, light and quick to cook.
Preparation : 40 min
Baking : 10 min
Rest 4 Hour
Ingredients for 4 people:
- 4 eggs
- 125 g caster sugar
- 125 g flour
- 40g salted butter
- 8 kiwis
- 5 large sheets of gelatine
- 40 cl cream
- 150 g topping with passion fruit
Log light cream and kiwi
Prepare the cake:
- Preheat oven to 180 ° C (gas mark 6).
- Prepare a greased baking tray and covered’a baking paper.
- Separate the whites from the yolks’eggs. First bowl whiten yolks with sugar.
In a second step,
- Beat the egg whites with a pinch of salt.
- Stir the flour into the first bowl, mix, then pour the melted butter and egg whites.
- Mix again.
- Pour this mixture on greased baking sheet. Smooth with a spatula.
Bake 10 minutes.
- At the exit of the oven, wait a few minutes and roll the cookie on the baking paper.
- Allow to cool 1 hour.
- Peel, wash and chop finely kiwi.
- Melt the gelatine in a bowl’cold water.
- Heat the mango juice and incorporate the softened gelatine. Mix well. Cool without preparing gels.
- Mount the whipped cream.
- Gently mix the mango juice chilled with whipped cream.
- Drop the biscuit by removing the paper. The top with cream. Add a few thin slices of kiwi and roll it on itself. Brush the glaze with passion fruit.
- Garnish with kiwi slices.
- Have to charge up to 3 heures.25 cl mango juice (or passion fruit)
Recipe: A. Beauvais, Photo: F. Hamel