L’eggplant gratin is a tasty dish, sunny and browned to perfection, the Mediterranean on his plate.
Ingredients for 4 people:
- 1 large eggplant (Or 2 medium)
- 2 slices of raw ham
- 50 g old mimolette
- 1 clove’garlic
- 170 g bush
- 10 cl cream
- 4 pinches of pepper
- 50 g’grated cheese
- 1 net of’oil’olive
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- Wash, cut in half lengthwise and cook steamed eggplant (about 15 minutes).
- Slice the ham.
- Slice mimolette.
- Peel and chop the’garlic finely.
In a bowl,
- Pour the bush, the’garlic, chilli, salt and cream.
- Add ham, correct the’seasoning.
- Cut the eggplant into slices of 10 cm long and 5 cm wide.
- Garnish each plate with’eggplant stuffing, roll on themselves and place in a dish gratin.
- Sprinkle with’grated cheese and add a dash of’oil’Olive.
Have 15 minutes in the oven, broil if necessary.
Serve hot or cold!
Complements of’Information about the bush
READ MORE ...
- bush Vésubie, goat milk and sheep's milk produced in the area around Nice,
- bush Bourdin, cow's milk,
- bush Rove, made around Marseille and only with raw milk goat Rove.
Note that the Corsican brocciu (AOC), goat milk and sheep's milk, it is very similar.
There bush is eaten sprinkled with salt, pepper and’herbs, or decorated with sugar, jam, honey ... In the kitchen, it is an ingredient of choice for sweet or savory pies, glasses, stuffing for cannelloni and many desserts.
Recipe: A. Beauvais Photo: A. Beauvais - F. Hamel