The tulip is among the bulb flowers, a must in our gardens.
Planting and’maintenance of tulips promote flowering and growth of’year.
In short, that’you should know:
Family : Lily
Type: Bulb Spring
Height: 20 to 75 cm
Soil: Well drained
Exposure : Sunlight
Flowering : March to May
To have beautiful tulips in spring, planting bulbs begins from the early’until autumn’in mid-December at the latest.
Make a hole 2 to 3 times the height of the tulip bulb to prevent freezing in the spacing d’at least 10 cm without too much away.
- Prefer a sunny location for a beautiful flower.
- Well-drained soil provides a better development your tulips.
- A handful of compost in the hole when planting bulbs will significantly improve the growth and flowering tulips.
It is much nicer to create small batches of 10 to 50 bulbs than planting them in 3 or 4 around the garden.
- Visit our guide dedicated to planting bulbs.
- Learn to plant bulbs in a clay or flooded land.
The tulip is a plant that s’fits particularly well to pot culture.
- At’Fall planting 3-4 tulip bulbs per pot and cover with soil about 10 cm.
- Leave your outdoor pots l’winter, except in very harsh climate where you have to put the cool but the’protected from heavy frosts.
- In spring, the pots out on the terrace and water if it does not rain.
- The end of flowering, wait until the leaves turn yellow before cutting the foliage.
- Remove the bulbs up’to’Fall in a cool, dry place before replanting or leave them in the pot.
Maintenance of tulips:
Tulips ask only very few’maintenance because, once planted, they should flourish undisturbed in the spring.
It is nevertheless possible to’improve flowering by providing engrais for bulbs right out of the first tulip leaves
- L’s fertilizer for tulips’uses as well as for planting during the growing phase.
At’time out tulips, rainfall is usually sufficient for not watering.
Tulip after flowering:
Sometimes we underestimate the’importance of this period in the tulip as c’is when’she begins to fade that’it begins to build its reserves for the next flowering.
Indeed, it is necessary expect that’it is well cured because that's when they holds its reserves for the following year.
- Cut the leaves and stems when they are many yellow and especially not before.
- If you remove the foliage just after flowering, they may not not bloom again the following spring.
- However, you can cut off the faded flower for more’aestheticism.
To know about the tulips:
Tulips are bulbous plants that solitary rod’particularly preferred for garnish most gardens at the end of’winter and early spring.
There are over 125 species and thousands of varieties for as many different colors and shapes.
This leaves imagine the number of compositions that’it is possible to achieve.
It is considered to be the queen of flower bulbs and advantageously flowers gardens, terraces and balconies.
- Tulips s’adapt very well to any climate that’encountered in France.
- The very large number of varieties sold commercially diversifies shapes and colors and above all’offer everyone the combination that suits him!
Malignant Council about the tulip:
You can cut them to form beautiful bouquets, colorful and easy to make!
Find d’Other must bulbous plants:
Narcissus, hyacinth, arum lilies, iris, crocus, snowdrops, bluebell or canna