Here are tips on how to prune your rose stems and your rose bushes.
At the end of the size, you can protect the main wounds with a healing product sold in garden centers.
Rose bush, shrub or stem, when to prune?
There are periods in the 2’year
- L’fall to a slight size that is rather to remove the dead wood and the lowest branches.
- Spring for permanent and severe pruning, usually in March.
Follow the size of the tips below:
Pruning roses swab and rose bushes:
- When pruning, the goal is to cut short while preserving the main branches.
- It is important to reduce woody growth to encourage young shoots.
- The size is then to keep it as close to the grafting point eyes that emit carriers flower stems.
- You cut around the 4th and look outside.
- Also cut twigs and dead branches and the older stems.
Smart board about the size of roses bud:
Do not be afraid to cut frankly, the rose will be even stronger.
You can also:
- Rust: common disease of roses
- Size climbing roses
- Planting roses
- Cuttings of roses