Locust, that’also called locust is a great ornamental.
D’easy maintenance, it is particularly appreciated for its foliage.
Name : Robinia pseudoacacia
Family : Fabaceae
Type : Tree
Height : 10 to 15 m
Exposure : Sunlight
Ground : Ordinary
Foliage : Deciduous
Flowering : June
Fructification : Summer
Prefer planting to’fall to promote’the roots before tournament’Winter and thus a better return in the spring.
Purchased container, you can also plant it in the spring taking care’increase waterings in the beginning.
- Robinia likes full sun, c’is that’it blooms best
- A mixture of garden soil and planting soil is perfect
Size, maintenance of black locust:
No size n’is really necessary, but it is important to remove dead or weak branches as.
- Remove dead or diseased branches in as.
- At’fall, prune the branches that cross and those growing toward’inside
- Eliminate discards in’fall because they are of’no use
You can still limit the development of this tree by pruning or the’pruning to’autumn.
Namely the Locust:
Robinia is named after its inventor, Jean Robin, botanist d’Henry IV who planted it for the 1st time in 1601 Dapuhine Place.
US native, false acacia, that’is also known as the Black Locust is a beautiful tree with balanced forms and whose hardiness enables him to live very long.
- Fast growing tree it is particularly interesting for the color of its flowers
- Particularly mélifère, flowers will delight the bees will forage
His Fruits are pods while its flowers formed in June of clusters in red or very fragrant white tones.
The green leaves which may fall to’fall, without even having faded, give a lot of movement in this tree.
Malignant Council about the false acacia:
At planting, mulch at the foot of’tree and you will avoid the growth of weeds!