The burning bush, in addition to its beautiful foliage, offers beautiful colorful berries in’fall.
In short, that’you should know:
Name : Piracantha
Family : Rosaceae
Type : Shrub
Height : 2 to 4 m
Exposure : Sunny, partial shade
Ground : Ordinary
Foliage : Evergreen
Flowering : May-June
Plantation of pyracantha:
Not important, in the spring or in’fall even if a plantation in November is the best period.
- To constitute’a hedge, space pyracantha every 80 to 100 cm from each other
- Follow our tips planting shrubs.
The size is pyracantha to’fall and / or early spring, moderately.
- Prune lightly after flowering to promote new ramifications, it thickens the pyracantha
- Too severe size could weaken your pyrancantha, especially against fire blight
- If you need cut frankly your pyracantha, made the rather end of winter
- The pyracantha flowers on the wood of the’previous year, too large so compromises the flowering of’following year.
Namely the pyracantha:
Particularly suitable for the constitution’a hedge, the Burning Bush has the double advantage of’offer an interesting and beautiful spring flowering colorful berries the rest of the’year.
- Its culture is very easy and requires virtually no maintenance.
Thorny shrub of the Rosaceae family, we can emphasize its rapid development, its dark green foliage and persistent.
C’is in’fall, with the development of Small red decorative berries or orange-yellow that’it is the most remarkable.
It blooms in spring is unobtrusive but has lovely white flowers in May or June depending on the region.
- You choose the Coccinea variety for red berries and Golden to yellow berries.
- Do not eat the berries as they are toxic, let the birds will love
Malignant Council on the pyracantha:
It is difficult and therefore is ideal for defensive hedges.
- The right time to prune a hedge
- The hedge best defense against insects and diseases
- Constitute a flowering hedge