Petunias are very pretty flowers that bloom in the spring and up’to frost.
L’maintenance, planting to flowering, easy and’decorative effect is guaranteed!
In short, that’you should know:
Name : Petunia, surfinia
Family : Solanaceae
Type : Annual
Height : 15 to 40 cm
Exposure : Sun, partial shade and shadow
Ground : Rather rich
Flowering : May to October
- Read also : all articles dedicated to the petunia
C’is the easiest and most common way to multiply your seed petunias.
- For seeds prefer seedling in pot to’Inside the house in February.
- Simply press the seeds to stick them to the special soil seeding without covering.
- Water regularly, but not too much to keep the’humidity.
- When the first leaves come out, plant them in the bucket and wait until all the jelly to set up’outside.
Whatever the planting medium, prefer a location sunny for maximum flowering.
After planting, it's time to transplant your seedlings in beds, containers or window boxes.
Although planting petunias:
Whether you sowed your petunias or purchased seedlings in gardening, planting in their final support is important to have a nice, long flowering.
- It is recommended planting petunias in spring, after all risk of frost because it is not frost resistant.
- Petunia loves rather sunny situations but avoid too brulantes areas.
- If it's hot in your area, then prefer the part shade.
- In all cases, avoid too windy areas because he fears the wind and currents’air.
Planting petunias solid:
The massive petunia is very decorative and helps create beautiful colors tasks the garden. His rapid development allows’to prompt a beautiful density.
- Mix garden soil to the loam.
- Allow about 4-5 feet per m2.
- Over there in your petunias massive and the’decorative effect will be successful
Petunia pot, pan and pot:
C’planter is in the tray and pot that’we see more and petunia, for cause, c’is’one of the best suited to container gardening flowers.
- If they are purchased in the bucket, mix the soil with compost.
or only use potting soil because it promotes flowering and development of the plant.
You will love the charm’a flower box petunias and its effect falling flooded with flowers.
- These petunias are ideal for bins and suspensions Also the curbs and ground cover.
- Choose soil suspension, much lighter, for he alone is suitable for this type of planting.
Maintenance, watering, size and disease in petunia:
Remove wilted flowers to as to promote’emergence of new flowers.
Watering and fertilizer in petunia:
During hot weather, n’please water the night to d’prevent your petunias dry out.
- Petunia needs’regular watering, especially in bins, planters and suspensions.
- Do not drown the roots because it n’not like that either.
- Make sure that’it will not rain before’water
- Petunia will never be as beautiful as if you bring it to the’fertilizer for flowering plants once a week.
Diseases and parasites in petunia:
Petunia is fairly resistant to most diseases but may be subject to attack by aphids and the’appetite of slugs.
- Find our Tips to fight against aphids
Namely the petunias:
Originating’South America, petunias are semi-hardy annuals. They offer a nice, long flowering early spring up’to l’autumn.
They like soleil and fertile land well drained.
Include petunias solid, bordering and rockery. They are very beautiful colors of tasks.
A lot of suspensions also host petunias.
This flower is outstanding for suspensions because its foliage and flowers fall on the sides cascade.
Large groups of petunias:
There are different petunias groups depending on the size of the flowers and their port.
- The petunia milliflora with small flowers
- The petunia milliflora to medium flowers
- The Petunia grandiflora is one that offers the largest flowers
- Finally, the petunia falling, ideal suspension or ground cover
Malignant Council on petunia:
Flowers in your garden, balcony or terrace petunias for a top result in color!