Peppers are an excellent vegetable of’summer, easy to grow.
Although more at’comfortable in warm weather, there is also the northernmost under certain culture conditions.
L’maintenance, harvesting seedlings are gestures that will help you have beautiful peppers, green, red or yellow.
In short, that’you should know:
Name Capsicum anuum
Family : Solanaceae
Type : Vegetable annual
Height : 50 to 80 cm
Exposure : Sunlight
Ground : Rather light, rich and well drained
Harvest : 5 to 6 months after planting
Sowing, planting pepper and chilli:
To perform a seedling :
Pepper seedlings must be controlled during the first weeks in order to’have good seedlings to plant on time.
- Sowing s’bucket and place in indoor or heated greenhouse (18-20 ° minimum) in the month of January for regions mildest climate and up March elsewhere.
- Upon emergence, when you have 2 or 3 leaves, keep one plant per pot
- Transplant to the under chassis months’April there if the climate is favorable, otherwise wait end of May.
- You put directly in the ground in the garden when the temperature exceeds 20 ° day
- Space the plants 50 to 60 all sense cmen.
Pepper, chilli bought pot and ready to plant:
It should also wait until the temperature exceeds 20 ° the day before putting them in the ground.
We can talk about May in the south and June in northern.
- Space each plant 20 cm in all directions
- Fertilize the soil to’Using’good compost or’a natural fertilizer
- Water regularly
Culture and maintenance of pepper and spice:
To’have beautiful Peppers, it should be’enriching the soil throughout the culture.
One can conveniently use of manure’Nettles for a natural solution, but there are a number of’organic fertilizer or not specifically designed for growing peppers and chilies.
- Protect them as long as possible from the cold and wind, to’Using’such as a bell c’In the spring of that’el are most vulnerable.
- For beautiful fruits, n’in Keep that’fifteen per foot and they will be bigger.
- Water regularly but not excessively to keep the soil slightly moist.
Harvesting of pepper and spice:
About 5 to 6 months after planting
Wait until the peppers or chilies arrived at perfect maturity, c’ie that fruits do not grow.
You will be able to harvest green or wait for that’there are a yellow, orange or red color, c’is the guarantee’a tasty fruit.
Pick the peppers perfectly ripe and reunite boots to dry in the sun.
Namely on pepper:
Originating’Tropical America, the peppers or chili are characteristic of Fruits of’summer and can be eaten both raw and cooked, ratatouille for example.
The only difference distinguishing pepper chili is that’they are different varieties. L’is a tangy while the’Another is sweet.
But chili and peppers are grown in exactly the same way.
Malignant Council on pepper:
Avoid wetting the leaves when’watering c’is the best defense against the’powdery mildew