The pear tree is’One of the most common fruit from our orchards.
Size, planting are all gestures’maintenance that will improve the harvest pears.
Name : Pyrus cummunis
Family : Rosaceae
Type: Tree orchard
Height: 5 to 15 m
Exposure : Sunlight
Foliage : Deciduous
Feature : Long life
- Health: benefits and virtues pears
This fruit tree, like most trees, preferably plant to’autumn to promote’rooting before’winter.
If you want to plant in the spring or summer, planning a more regular watering, especially at first.
- Pear likes well-drained land.
- He needs sunlight to grow.
- L’contribution of’an amendment to the planting, manure and algae types, improve recovery and growth of your pear tree.
- Find advice planting.
Pruning and maintenance Pear:
Once in place,’maintenance pear is quite easy and only struggle against fungi requires special care (see section below devoted to diseases).
But to stimulate’appearance of many beautiful pears, it is important to practice size fruiting prior to the resumption of vegetation.
- Annual pruning ensures a better harvest pears.
- Find also different steps of size’a pear tree.
Harvesting and conservation of pears:
When to harvest pears? here is a question frequently because it is sometimes difficult to determine the best time.
You should know that’do not expect that’they fall to harvest.
Then, when you make a 1/4 turn with the tail and that’they come without forcing, then you know that c’is the right time to harvest pears.
After picking pears performed, it s’is to keep the best conditions to keep as long as possible.
- See our article on Conservation pears
Diseases of pear:
Pear, like most fruit trees, is subject to some common diseases, including fungi.
L’One of the most common diseases of pear scab.
If an attack occurs at the end of the cycle, the damage is often limited and we simply see a pear coloring. No harvest’then no way compromised but Conservation pears is less good.
If however scab occurs early in the season, a treatment is recommended to prevent the spread of the disease. An early attack can limit the formation of pears and thus harvest.
- Regular treatment with manure d’nettles from bud formation allows’prevent scab.
- Bordeaux mixture based spray also allows the development of the scab.
- There are effective anti-scab fungicides, whether preventive or curative, but it is better to use them if the disease has already invaded the pear tree.
- Avoid treatment a few weeks before harvest.
- Late in the season, pick up all the leaves and destroy them to prevent scab n’hibernates in your garden.
- Find our page dedicated to the treatment of scab.
Rotting pears, brown rot:
Another common occurrence in the pear tree, the fruit rot, called brown rot. This fungus can cause serious damage that’it is better’avoided by preventive.
- The same treatments for scab s’required.
- Decoction of horsetail also has very positive effects on moniliasis.
- Find our page dedicated to fruit rot, brown rot.
Insects and Pests: Aphids, mealybugs ...
If you find that the pear leaves your s’roll up and become sticky, he s’is probably aphids or scale insects.
- Here's how against aphids.
- Here's how fight against mealybugs.
- Install pheromone traps in’tree
- A strip of glue around the trunk allows’avoid many’insect s’settle in’shaft and on the leaves.
- L’powdery mildew: white mold on the leaves.
- Moniliasis : Rotting pears pear
- Codling moth or fruit worm : Brown stains on the leaves and fruit.
- Apple scab : brown spots on the fruit and leaves.
- Rust : orange-brown pustules on the leaves.
- Aphids : leaves s’curl and lose their color d’origin.
To know about the pear tree:
Pear, known for its period of high life (Sometimes nearly 200 years), is a tree native to’Europe and’Asia.
It is generally medium in size, but can in some cases reach fifteen meters.
The pear tree blooms in the month of’April and gives superb small white flowers that sometimes pinkish’fond of bees in the spring.
It can be found both in’wild in our gardens, or in cultivation for the production of pears.
Malignant Council on Pear:
When planting, the foot of mulch’tree to protect it from frost.
Repeat this process every year, you will avoid the growth of weeds and’Using produce harmful to your pears ...!