The poinsettia is’one of the most beautiful plants of’Inside, often remarkable at the time of the Christmas holidays’Year and Christmas.
Maintenance is relatively easy, either for planting,’watering or repotting.
In short, that’you should know:
Name: Euphorbia pulcherrima
Type: Shrub, plant d’inside
Exposure : Bright
Ground : Soil
Foliage : Evergreen
Flowering : November to March
- Read also on poinsettias: ephemeral colors to warm the’winter
The culture of poinsettia starts in the month of September for a flowering at the end of the’year.
- Place your plant in a good soil.
The quality of the soil allows’improve quality flowering.
- It is recommended to place the balls of clay pot bottom for facilitate drainage and to prevent the roots immersed in water.
This n’is not essential if you have just’buy your poinsettia and that the pot is pierced at the bottom
- The poinsettia remains a tropical plant which will grow in that particular climate conditions where heat and humidity mix.
- Culture remains possible region Mediterranean, well sheltered.
Watering the poinsettia:
- Water generously when the soil becomes dry and your poinsettia even expect it dries out between two watering.
- It is essential’sprinkle with the’water whose temperature is above 20 °. Cold water could be fatal.
- Reduce the number of watering after flowering because their needs are more limited and resume gradually by the end of’summer.
- If the leaves bleach and fade, this is usually due to a excess water or insufficient drainage.
After flowering, fold the rods approximately 5 to 10 cm from the base. Fold back the cut’all the rods that form the plant.
You will thus stimulate new growth and a new flowering the’following year.
But to know what happened to your poinsettia after flowering, read the paragraph is devoted below.
Culture and maintenance of the poinsettia:
The poinsettia is a beautiful exotic plant native to tropical areas of Central America.
It fits perfectly into our interiors. The temperature’air must be between 18 and 20 °.
It flourished especially during the Christmas time and c’was at this time that’it invades flower shops and garden centers.
For growing in home and apartment, it is best to place it near a light source but no direct sunlight, especially the most vulnerable hours.
Keep the humidity level needed in spraying water regularly of its foliage.
Nevertheless Avoid wetting the flowers.
- Do not make any fertilizer during the flowering period.
- Outside this period, repeat the’contribution of’liquid fertilizer for flowering plants at the rate of’1 month supply.
Diseases and problems of the poinsettia:
Yellow leaves of the poinsettia:
If the leaves turn yellow and wither is that the ambient air is too dry.
L’ideal is then to place your plant on a bed of gravel, pebbles or beads’constantly moist clay.
The leaves turn white or discolored:
This is usually due to a excess water or insufficient drainage.
It is important’water only when the soil is dry.
Poinsettias after flowering:
Your plant comes in period dormant. Those that’called flowering in the poinsettia is actually red or yellow leaves as flowering poinsettia is pretty insignificant.
- To the end of month’April, reduce the rods’About 1/3, they do not exceed 10 cm.
- Repot poinsettia in a new pot filled with potting soil
- Reduce the’spray, Wait until the soil is dry on the surface between two watering.
- Get him out during’summer.
- Take a regular watering and fertilizer intake from’August-September.
- Tuck it from September
- Your poinsettia flower again before the end of the’year.
Malignant Council on the poinsettia:
Perform Repotting each year in early spring to stimulate the next flowering and proper development of the plant.
- Did you know that plants dépolluaient our interiors?