Cultivation of peas is relatively easy and brings a lot of satisfaction, generally in the spring and during’summer.
From sowing to harvest, each gesture’maintenance part in the quality of your peas.
In short, that’you should know:
Name : Pisum sativum
Family : Fabaceae
Type : Annual
Height : 50 to 250 cm
Exposure : Sunlight to partial shade
Ground : Rich and rather humid
Harvest: May to August or 3 months after sowing
Peas and pea seedlings:
Pea seedlings can be achieved both in’Autumn (mild climate) that’at the end of’winter or early spring (cold winter climate)
- Sowing to’autumn the seeds a little deeper we bury (6-8 cm)
- Preferred sow in spring varieties wrinkled seeds
- We must sow up February to April for Round grain varieties (Classic small pea)
- As regards the Other varieties (Including snap peas and wrinkled), wait May-June to sow
Although plant your peas:
- You will perform a seedling up
Whether in lineby depositing a seed every 2 to 3 cm to 5 cm deep
Whether in poquet depositing 5 or 6 seeds at regular intervals’about 40 or 60 cm depending on the variety
- Choose a sunny but not hot location or, preferably a light shade during the day
- Pea needs’quite rich and light soil
That’we avoid planting next peas:
Avoid at all costs the proximity of’onion, of’shallot or of’garlic pea which does not mix.
Although associated with other vegetables peas
Peas love the neighborhood of some vegetables, such as: carrot, celery, cabbage, cucumber and gherkin, lettuce, chews, turnip, potato, radishes
Peas n’not like be the proximity of these vegetables: garlic, shallot, onion, parsley, leek, tomato
Watering peas and peas:
At the beginning’Watering is limited to promote’appearance of flowers and not the foliage.
Right away after flowering, is abundantly watered as c’is when the seeds are formed to give birth to your peas.
- Then, water regularly but without excess
- Peas hate drought
Harvesting peas and pea:
Picking peas must not be n’anytime because there depends on the quality of the harvest.
- The pea harvest occurs approximately 3-4 months after sowing depending on the variety
- Collect the seeds as soon as’it reached a size and consumption that’they are well trained
- They should be green
Namely the dots:
Although the cultivation of peas is quite demanding, that of snap (small pea’summer) l’is much less.
You will be pleasantly surprised by rapid growth of this plant that may require the support of’guardian as soon as’it reaches several centimeters high.
The Birds love the pea seeds and it is best to draw a net before even his crop wiped out in a very short time most of the time ...
Malignant Council on peas and peas:
Light plant mulch maintain some moisture will bring organic matter and prevent the growth of weeds.
- Find our delicious recipes pea