The Pernettya is a beautiful shrub with remarkable evergreen in’Autumn with its original and decorative windows.
In short, that’you should know:
Name : Gaultheria Syn. Pernettya
Family : Ericaceae
Type : Shrub
Height : 40 to 120 cm
Exposure : Partial shade
Ground : Heather Earth
Foliage : Evergreen
Flowering : April-May
- Read also : culture tips and maintenance of wintergreen
- Find Out : a green balcony, even in winter
It is planted Pernettya to’autumn, but planting spring is quite possible for pernettyas purchased container.
- The Pernettya like slightly acid soils and therefore thrive in the heathland.
- Prefer shade during the hottest hours of the day.
- To constitute’Pernettya a parterre, space for each plant’1 m in all directions.
- Combine male and female subjects allows’ensure better fruiting.
- Follow our tips planting shrubs.
Pernettya pot, pan and pot:
The Pernettya s’perfectly adapted to the container gardening for your terraces and balconies, heather to massive or isolated.
- To cultivate a Pernettya pot on balcony and terrace 1/3 potting soil mix with 2/3 of heathland and make sure that the bottom of the pot is well drained and pierced.
- Water regularly in case of high heat or prolonged drought.
- You can link your Pernettya many plants here below.
Ideas’associations with Pernettya:
Solid or pot, we like to associate this beautiful shrub with’other plants.
His need’acidity and well-drained soil allow him to marry well with ericaceous plants such as’Azaleas and there heather the camellia and rhododendron.
At’autumn, it is also very pretty tray or gardener in association with asters.
If you want to give a little light green, go for some boxwood that will remain green while the’winter.
Finally, it is also the’associate with maritime cineraria or of cabbage’ornament, whether in the ground or in pots.
Size, maintenance and watering Pernettya:
The Pernettya is easy’maintenance and requires very little care.
- Pernettya growth is slow.
- No size n’is really necessary.
- Size to reshape the silhouette may occur in the spring.
It should be’water regularly during prolonged droughts, especially for Pernettya pot.
At’autumn and winter, natural rainfall should suffice the needs of the plant.
Namely the Pernettya:
The Pernettya is part of the family Ericaceae. Native to Asia and America, this shrub s’is well acclimated to our latitudes to offer us beautiful colorful berries in’autumn and winter.
But Pernettya is also remarkable in the spring and summer thanks to its dense foliage and beautiful flowering, although more discreet, during’summer.
Malignant Council on the Pernettya:
The Pernettya is an ideal shrub in the composition of your pots’fall.