L’Osteospermum is a beautiful perennial flowers just as remarkable.
L’maintenance, planting at the waist and from spring to’Autumn significantly improve flowering.
In short, that’you should know:
Name : Oestospermum
Family : Asteraceae
Type Flower, Perennial
Height : 20 to 40 cm
Exposure : Sunlight
Ground : Well-drained, humus
Foliage : Evergreen
Flowering : May to October
She s’preferably performed spring. You can also plant to l’autumn if’winter in your area is pretty sweet.
Attention because the plant is gélive from -5 ° and therefore does not withstand lower temperatures.
This is not to say that’we can not cultivate it but it will plant new ones in the spring.
- Maintain a distance of 30 to 40 cm between each plant.
- Choose a location rather sunny and sheltered from the wind because it freezing.
Sowing under shelter from’April cuttings been possible.
You can also divide the clump, c’is very effective
Size, maintenance of’Osteospermum:
L’Maintenance is easy and you will just have to’Water the’summer in case of extreme heat or prolonged drought.
Delete wilted flowers in as. This will stimulate’emergence of new flowers.
- L’winter, it is important to protect the plant if you are afraid temperatures below -5 °.
Watering only during the heat of the’year, if you see that your plant lack’water.
Osteosperum after flowering:
L’Osteospermum is very interesting because its foliage is evergreen and remains beautiful during’winter.
But this plant difficult to resist freezing below -5 °, especially if they are extended.
- In areas with mild winter you will retain the carefree in pots or in the ground at the’outside.
- Moreover, return them if they are potted in a place protected from frost or cover of’a thick leaf mulch to help them pass the’winter
Namely on Osteospermums:
Very pretty generous flowering perennial for much of’year,’Osteospermum is also easy to grow and insensitive to most diseases.
The variety of color that’it offers from white to pink to blue or purple.
Nevertheless sensitive to frost, it is often grown as an annual in cooler regions.
Originating’South Africa, it is sometimes called African daisy.
Disease that affects the’Osteospermum:
Malignant Council :
Cultivate also the pot, its prolonged flowering is a real asset!