L’Ornithine that’also called asparagus of wood or 11h lady is quite original and surprising flower.
Easy to grow, it will surprise you ...
In short, that’you should know:
Name : Ornithogalum
Family : Lily
Type Flower, bulbous
Height : 50 cm
Exposure : Sunny, partial shade
Ground : Ordinary but well drained
Foliage : Deciduous
Flowering : May-July
Plant the bulbs from March, maintaining a distance of’approximately 10 cm between each bulb.
- Plant the bulbs at a depth of 5-6 cm
- Follow our tips planting bulbs.
- Multiplication Division bulbs spring
- One can also multiply the’ornithogale in bouturant scales or simply the leaf base to d’get bulblets that will bloom two years after
- But’ornithogale is multiplies as naturally if the ground around handset is properly and in good quality
Remove faded flowers to as to stimulate’emergence of new flowers.
- Fold the end of flowering.
Beautiful flowering s’runs from spring to’summer and gives off a delicate fragrance, the’Ornithine is also called lady 11 hours because its flowers s’bloom at that hour.
Depending on the variety, there are white and green flowers but also gold or copper.
Thus, we find the’Ornithogalum arabicum, the’Ornithogalum nutans, the’Ornithogalum dubium or the’Ornithogalum umbellatum.
Malignant Council about the’ornithogonale:
Before the flowers fade, cut a few stems and put in a vase to prolong flowering.