The lily is a bulbous flower quite exceptional with its flowering but also its foliage.
l’maintenance, planting bulbs in the conservation of the’Winter will help you have beautiful lilies’year to year.
In short, that’you should know:
Name : Lillium
Family : Lily
Type : Flower bulbous
Height : 60 to 150 cm
Exposure : Sunny and part shade
Ground : Ordinary wet
Flowering : June to September
- Find our superb selection Lys
Planting lily is preferably in the spring, but can also be done in’fall. If the climate is mild the’winter you can also plant a little later.
Do not plant your lily bulbs during’was as they may suffer from the heat and lack of’water.
Good location and good soil to plant the lily:
The choice of’location and quality of land has great importance in planting lilies. C’is what determines the quality of the bloom and good plant growth.
- Lily likes rather rich land and well drained.
- C’is a plant that fears the limestone soil.
- A situation good sunny is essential for flowering.
- If clay or wetland, follow our tips to overcome the problem
Although planting lily bulbs:
Proper planting ensures a gain in maintenance and watering for the future, so take the time to plant the lilies.
- The lily is planted 10-15 cm deep.
- Observe spacing d’at least 15 cm and have tufts of 4-5 bulbs.
- For your terrace, you can plant it in a pot in spring or’fall.
- The lily pot needs’good drainage and’a pot drilled deep
Pruning and maintenance of the lily:
Once in place, the lily is a plant that requires relatively little’maintenance. D’Year after year you still succumb to the charm of this wonderful flower.
- Stake the taller varieties to prevent the stems break or s’sag.
- Cut dried flowers as by cutting the stem in the stem.
Watering and fertilizer in the lily:
If your lily bulbs are installed in a rich and fresh soil the’summer, you should not have to intervene very often.
- Watering during drought or heat waves.
- L’contribution of’No fertilizers’is not always necessary but can s’useful during flowering to stimulate growth of the lily.
- A fertilizer for bulbous flower is quite appropriate.
- Pot, the’contribution of’fertilizer is often indicated from the 2nd year of cultivation of lilies.
Disease and parasites that affect the lily:
The lily is, like many plant prey to certain parasites like aphids, the Slugs or thrips.
But the parasite most common and most dangerous among the lily is the beetle.
C’is a red beetle with black legs who delights leaves and lilies and can cause great damage.
Best treatment against the lily leaf beetle:
Upon’arrival of the first beetles, observe the leaves, especially detect larvae under leaves.
The more you you will take early, no chance you have to get rid of or limit its invasion.
- Catch the beetles by hand without dropping them
- Destroy the larvae as soon as possible
To know about the lily:
Lily is the symbol of the Virgin Mary but also purity. She is probably the beauty of its flowers.
This plant has a majestic side as the colors and varied forms particularly highlight in a garden.
Composed bouquets often trumpet, this rustic bulb flower comes fully bloom beds, borders and terraces.
Note also the great power odorant, thus offer lily perfume delicate and fragrant.
While most lilies are obsolete, the candidum lily is’one of the few evergreen varieties and therefore keep its leaves in the winter.
Malignant Council on the lily:
Bring a special organic fertilizer bulbous flowers flowering to make even more spectacular!
- Find our superb selection Lys for your garden
- Discover a nice variety, martagon