Lilac d’Spain, also known as red valerian, is a herbaceous perennial that blooms generously during’summer.
His bushy and pretty flowers make this a very ornamental.
In short, you need to know:
Name : Centranthus ruber
Family : Caprifoliaceae, Valerianaceae
Type : Vivace
Height : 60 to 100 cm
Exposure : Sunlight
Ground : Ordinary or poor
Seeding and planting of lilac’Spain:
Planting of lilac’Spain:
The seed of lilac’Spain takes place at the end of’Winter and spring sheltered in the ground after all risk of frost.
Lilac d’Spain need sun to grow and bloom.
If you sow in late’winter, under shelter,
- Sow in bowl.
- Keep the soil moist.
- Clarify from the’first leaves appear
- Transplanted in the ground from mid-May every 30 to 40 cm
If you sow directly in the garden,
- Loosen the soil to make the light soil
- Sow on the fly
- Lighten after’first leaves appear to keep only the most vigorous plants every 30 to 40 cm
- Water regularly in light rain.
Plantation of lilac’Spain:
It is recommended to plant lilacs d’Spain in spring or to’autumn maintaining a distance of 30 cm between each plant.
If you plant lilac d’Spain spring, he will think about sprinkle a little the top.
- Pointless’add potting soil because the needs of lilac’Spain are limited.
Multiplication of lilac’Spain:
Lilac d’Spain is a plant that naturally propagated by seeds but can also divide the clump.
- Multiplication division of the tuft to’autumn
Size, maintenance of lilac’Spain:
If he has an extremely easy plant that requires virtually no maintenance, c’d is lilac’Spain.
Optionally, you can cut the dead flowers to as n but’that has’aesthetic interest.
- Fold in the shortest’fall after the faded flowers.
- Pointless’except for watering of lilac’Spain pot that fears a little drought.
Pests and diseases that affect the lilac of’Spain:
Easier’interview that n’exist and more, lilac d’Spain hardly fear any disease or parasite.
To know about the lilacs of’Spain:
Lilac d’Spain and Centranthus ruber is named after the botanist De Candolle who compared her flowers to red spur (Kentron means outcrop in Greek anthos meaning flower and red means ruber).
A native of the Mediterranean basin, lilac d’Spain has a amazing ability to grow in all soils, even the driest.
Finally, ready to lilac to’Spain sedative medicinal properties similar to those of the Valerian officinalis.