Why the quality of flowering’a fruit tree she already looks the quality of its fruit?
Pollination plays a decisive role in the formation of fruit.
C’is at this point already that prepares the future harvest.
Then, throughout the fruiting, gestures will help you have the most beautiful fruits.
Here is what’you should know ...
How to improve the fruit harvest?
There are several factors to consider and each’they will promote the efficiency of your orchard.
It plays a major role. By choosing varieties fruit adapted to the climate in your area, you will ensure growth in the best conditions.
- Therefore be avoided, for example, to plant a peach tree in the north of France or an apple tree in an arid environment.
A good combination of self-fertile varieties or species:
- You will need to associate certain varieties together to promote pollination.
- The wind and insects largely involved in the transport of pollen: c’is an essential step in pollination and therefore fruiting.
- Some varieties must be associated with each other while d’others do not allow good pollination.
Check with d’a seller or garden’a nursery for correct associations.
- But there are also so-called self-fertile varieties that have the ability to pollinate all alone.
It is generally used when the size of the garden does not plant several fruit trees.
Rich biodiversity and an active ecosystem:
- For the’tree gives many fruits, your garden should be rich in flowers.
C’is the best way’attract insects that will pollinate the trees.
- So Vary the flowering plants, perennials and annuals.
- Choose mélifères plants that attract bees by their rich nectar or, more generally, entomophilous that attract insects.
- If you plant a hedge on the edge of your fruit plantations, choose a priority mixed hedge.
If a fruit tree n’gave little or no fruit ...
We are often amazed at the fruit without fruit so that’he was so generous the’Previous year!
But nature is well done! A tree that produces a large amount of fruit one year needs to rest the’following year.
To limit this phenomenon, you can carve the’tree every year.
- Delete the vertical branches for promoting the growth of horizontal branches.
- This will allow’optimize fruiting more effectively.
- Remove some fruit from the beginning of their training.
The most common fruit trees:
Find a few of the most common fruit trees in our gardens and follow the advice for each of’them:
- Pear tree
- Quince, quince