L’Eggplant is a must of vegetable’was that characterizes Mediterranean cuisine.
If culture is relatively easy, some rules of culture and’s maintenance’needed to avoid disease and have a nice growth.
In short, that’you should know:
Name : Solanum melongena
Family : Solanaceae
Type : Vegetable annual
Height : 1 to 1.5 m
Exposure : Sunlight
Ground : Rich enough
Récolte : July-October
Sowing, planting eggplant:
We find the’Eggplant in different forms and colors, round and long, violet, pink and white but all are grown in the same way.
- L’Eggplant appreciate soils rich in humus
- A sunshine is necessary
- Of regular watering in summer and a temperature higher than 18 °
Do any of’a first seedlings under shelter, at a temperature’at least 18 ° January / February to April for setting up’April-June by region.
- Put On 2 or 3 seeds per pot or bucket.
- Sprinkle fine so rain keep moist substrate.
- when lifting, keep only the most beautiful and most vigorous plant in each pot.
- Subculture in place when the soil is warm enough (at least 12 °)
- When cotta transplanting, stagger each plant 50 cm in all directions
Sow’eggplant directly into the ground:
The seedlings up is possible if all risk of frost is removed because the’Eggplant stand the cold.
Wait while the Mid-May north or a little earlier in the regions south.
- Digging trenches every 50 cm
- Post 2-3 seeds every 50 cm
- Cover with’light soil
- Water regularly
- Once removed, keep the strongest plant per hill
Aubergine: good combination with vegetables
To optimize the culture of’eggplant must although the’associate with other vegetables because she has friends and enemies.
- L’Eggplant LOVE the presence of: tarragon, bean, persil, pepper, polka dot, thyme, tomato
- L’Eggplant N’NOT LIKE the presence of: onion, potato
Culture and Care’eggplant:
Remove the side shoots but especially, pinch the plant when’he formed 2 or 3 bunches of flowers as this can create branching.
When the plant gives many’eggplant, it is good to delete some eggplant when’they are still small in order to leave a fruit fifteen per foot. C’is the guarantee’have beautiful and large eggplants.
Eliminate greedy that grow at the foot because they tend to unnecessarily deplete the foot’eggplant.
A good mulch at the base of your eggplant allows both to keep the soil moist and’prevent weed growth.
Pests and diseases that affect the’eggplant:
L’eggplant, like most fruit / vegetable is prone to some diseases and pests.
To strengthen your seedlings’eggplant, n’please bring the’fertilizer for tomatoes 1 to 2 times during the growth period and during fruit development.
Downy mildew of’eggplant:
As of’other solanaceous, it is regularly reached by the mildew. The mildew is’One of the most common diseases in the’eggplant.
- Heat combined with a certain humidity led to the development of the fungus, n’Please ventilate your maximum spacing plants.
- When’watering, avoid wetting the foliage as it promotes the development of diseases.
- For treatment, only the destruction of seedlings’affected eggplant can prevent the spread of mildew.
- Preventive treatment, regular spraying based Bordeaux mixture may permit’avoid illness.
Spider in the red’eggplant:
If instead it is dry, it can be attacks’red spider. The leaves’Eggplant is then covered with grayish tasks before flushing, browning or yellowing.
- Here's how fight against spider mites
Aphids and aubergines:
Finally, less common but equally pests, aphids can crack down on crops’eggplant.
- Here's how fight against the natural way to aphids
Like tomato that is part of the nightshade family, the’Eggplant is a victim since 2009 leafminer can sometimes reach 100% of the crop.
- Here's how to fight against TPW (Same as for parasite’eggplant)
The harvest takes place eggplant, about, 5 months after planting but this may differ depending on the climate and growing conditions.
The harvest period is between’summer and’autumn depending on time of sowing or planting.
A good way to know good time, c’when the fruit is no longer grows and the skin is thin and slightly greasy.
Native to’India,’eggplant naturally prefers rather warm climates to grow (minimum 15 °).
Purple or white, there are different kinds of shapes and sizes, but all is grown in the same manner.
C’is a summer vegetable that’for example, appreciates ratatouille, but gratin or simply caviar’eggplant, Marinated in’garlic and’oil’Olive.
- L’No raw eggplant’is not very pleasant to eat because there is a high content of saponin and a sponge appearance unpleasant taste.
- Once cooked, it releases its flavors with a very pleasing appearance in the mouth, some would say close to that of the mushroom.
Benefits of’Eggplant on health:
D’a medical point of view,’Eggplant has important antioxidant.
C’is in the skin of’eggplant that the concentration of antioxidant material is the most important.
Found meaningful amounts of manganese, copper, vitamin B6 and B1 when’it is boiled.
Malignant Council on eggplant:
L’Eggplant is ready to be picked when the color is well marked and its size has reached’adulthood.